Are you a technical visionary with a passion for software architecture? Are you experienced in product technology roadmap development, understanding both product and business needs? Do you enjoy driving strategic and tactical research on new technology, practices and standards? If yes, let’s talk today about why Ontario Systems is the right next step for you and your career.
About Ontario Systems Ontario Systems, LLC is a leading provider of revenue cycle management (RCM) and accounts receivable management (ARM) software, services and solutions to the collections, healthcare and government industries. Established in 1980 and headquartered in Muncie, Ind., Ontario Systems has a location in Vancouver, Wash., and employees in 27 states. Ontario Systems offers a full portfolio of software, services and business process expertise, including product brands such as Artiva RM™, Artiva HC™, Contact Savvy®, Columbia Ultimate and RevQ. Ontario Systems customers include eight of the 10 largest ARM companies and five of the 15 largest hospital networks in the U.S. With Ontario Systems’ solutions, hospital network customers actively manage over $40 billion in receivables collectively.
What we offer: • Industry Leadership • Unmatched Products & Services • Devoted Customers • Outstanding Customer Service • Casual Dress • Challenging Work • Talented Peers • Fun & Flexible Work Atmosphere • Competitive Compensation & Benefits • 24/7 Fitness Center
What you’ll do: As a Software Architect you will:
- Drive the technical vision and architecture of both current and next generation software solutions
- Craft and maintain a product’s technology roadmap through understanding of the product and business needs, with recognition of how they relate to industry trends, standards and best practices
- Provide architectural governance and oversight on all projects within a products’ framework
- Craft, maintain and communicate the reference architecture, standards, best practices, and principals
- Drive both strategic and tactical research on new technology, practices and standards
- Evangelize technology and architecture to both internal and external audiences
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; Computer Science preferred
- 7+ years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7+ years of experience defining, maintaining, and enforcing reference architecture for enterprise class systems
- 7+ years of experience planning, designing, development, implementation, and maintenance of large-scale enterprise class systems
- Advanced knowledge of and/or expertise in the following (with mastery in at least two) areas:
- Information Management (governance, strategy, meta data processes)
- User Interface/Design
- Data Management (logical data modeling, enterprise warehousing, business intelligence, object-relational modeling)
- Enterprise Architecture (business & technical reference models, solution architecture, legacy systems modernization, business process modeling)
- Software Engineering (full lifecycle development, including management, compliance, UML modeling)
- Network and Infrastructure Architecture
- Enterprise Application Integration
- Enterprise Program and Portfolio Management
- Advanced knowledge of component-based architecture, service oriented architecture and system design
- 2+ years of work experience defining the technology roadmap for a company, including selecting vendors, technical partners, technologies, and defining support lifecycles
- Experience evangelizing architecture and technologies to technical and non-technical audiences is critical. Experience with ISVs and responding to the RFP process is beneficial.
- Broad experience with Software As A Service (SaaS) business models and processes
- Demonstrated mastery of process analysis and process improvement techniques
- Expertize in business operations, objectives, strategies, and how technology trends can meet company goals
Location: This position is located in Muncie, Indiana, near Ball State University and within commuting distance from Indianapolis. We will consider remote work arrangements once you are ingrained in the role.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Ontario Systems, LLC does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.